News of young people
A recent prizewinner for the most improved pupil in a local school
The BTA award for the most improved pupil in 2016 who is studying modern languages at a local school was presented to Sam Mainard
at The Royal Latin School on Thursday 30 June 2016. We congratulate him on this achievement.
An exchange visit has taken place between the Silverstone University Technical College, the Royal Latin School and
Julius-Stursberg Gymnasium in Neurkirchen-Vluyn when 16 local students from the two colleges went to Germany in November 2014.
Thirteen Royal Latin students went to their partner school in Neukirchen-Vluyn where they stayed with students from Stursberg Gymnasium. Activities included a reception from the Town Mayor, participation in a Christmas Market and a visit to Dusseldorf to see the Rhine Tower. They also made time to go to The University of Applied Science in Venio, The Netherlands to take part in rwo different workshops.
Latest plans and news
The web editor would welcome more news of exchanges, visits and plans.....?
We have been asked to find pen-friends - to communicate by letter or email. We would like this to grow into family exchanges but we have experienced reluctance from people to commit themselves in this way.
Some ideas that are being considered are:
- A fiches d'identite project to be done as a class project on each side of the Channel
- Use the Civic Visit as a "primer"
- Arrange pen-links with two particular primary schools.
We are pleased to announce that the following school links are in existence:
- Ecole Jeanne d'Arc with Buckingham Primary School
- Ecole Victor Hugo with Steeple Claydon School
- Ecole St Francois with Bourton Meadow School
- Ecole Sacre Coeur with Bourton Meadow School
- Collège van der Meersch with the Royal Latin School
- Lycée Gambetta, Tourcoing (which serves Mouvaux pupils 15-18 years old) with the Royal Latin School
- Collège Maxence van der Meersch with Buckingham School
- Julius-Stursberg Gymnasium in Neukirchen-Vluyn with Silverstone Technical University
- Stursberg Gymnasium in Neukirchen-Vluyn with the Royal Latin School
University of Buckingham
The University of Buckingham (see the Links page for details of the University) offers the following possibilities:
- A 9 week course over 1 term (fee charged).
- A job within the University for a suitable applicant
- A "work experience" engagement of 1 week.